I GOT BAKED IN SEOUL (Cafes You Should Definitely Check Out in Seoul!)



My life in Seoul was filled with cafe hopping from Garosu-gil, Mapo-gu, Hannam-dong, and many other places becauseseoulcafegameissostrongwhatsoever. During the four months of my stay there, I've been to lots of cafes, and some of them are memorable either because of the quality of the food or the vibe of the place, or both. So here are some cafes you should definitely check out while in Seoul:

 

1. Mr. Holmes Bakehouse (Garosu-gil, Sinsa-dong)

 





Mr. Holmes Bakehouse is located in Garosu-gil, Sinsa dong. They sell baked goods and coffees. I was there with my four friends, we ordered four different pastries, and they all taste so good. We ordered Ferrero Rocher Croissant, Honey Bread, Earl Grey Crufin, and Green Tea Brioche Doughnut. I LOOOVE everything we got, but what I love the most was the Earl Grey Cruffin (no wonder their cruffins are the best selling ones!). Unfortunately, Mr. Holmes Bakehouse changes its menus weekly, so You may not get what you craved for. 

2. Aa Design Cafe (Hongdae)


I Hated this cafe at first cause I got lost for like 45 minutes before I finally found it. It's located in Hongdae (Don't get off at Hongdae station, get off at Sangsu instead!). The reason why I recommend this place is because of the vibe. This cafe is located inside Aa Design Museum, that's why when you enter you'll recognize that this place is aesthetically well planned. I looove the interior a lot, and I think I can spend hours here studying, reading or just browsing the internet. I had caramel latte and grape tart, which honestly don't taste really special. My friends got cheesecake and tiramisu, which still are not that special. Another thing is they don't really offer many choices of cakes, so your option is very limited. BUTTT, if you're looking for a place to study or hang out with your friends, this is the place you want to go.

 


3. Plant Cafe (Itaewon)


OK, THIS IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE. I don't know why I love this place a lot. I don't even know if it's because of the food or the place or maybe both. So I first found out about this cafe because I randomly typed 'cafe Seoul on Instagram and this cafe is on the top of the list. As you probably have predicted from its name, this is a vegan cafe. They sell main courses, drinks, and cakes for vegans. I'm not a vegan, but eating vegan cakes somehow makes me feel less guilty, lol.



I've been here twice; the first time was with a friend and the second time I went alone. On my first visit here, I ordered earl grey cake and my friend oreo brownie (Am I the only one who just found out that oreo is vegan?!). They recently opened a bigger branch, also in Itaewon, but I didn't have the time to check out the place :(

 

4. Deux Amis (Garosu-gil, Sinsa-dong)




Deux Amis is a cafe and patisserie located not far from Mr. Holmes' bakehouse. This one's on the list because of both the taste of the pastries and the place's vibe. Not only that, I know that Deux Amis pays attention to the visual look of the cakes they sell (they're all so pretty!). Bottom line, this is a really lovely place just to hang out and talk with your friends.

 


5. Midnight in Seoul (Nohyeon-dong, Gangnam)


A Korean singer, Yoon Kye-Sang, owns this cereal cafe located in Nohyeon. To get here, you have to get off at Hakdong station and walk about 600 meters to finally reach the place. My first thought when I got there was 'what a random thought to build a cafe here?!' since there are not many cafes in the neighbourhood.



 The place is tiny, but totally worth the visit because it's really cute, very instagramable, and they have a complete collection of cereals from around the world. I honestly think it's a little overpriced; I paid 8000 KRW just for a bowl of cereal with three toppings. They also have their own cereal brand, which you can buy at the cafe and selected Olive Young Branches.








0 comments:

Post a Comment